25th February 2013
Link with 238 notes
Will you lazy little buttholes please go sign the petition to stop the Copyright Alert System? No idea what it is? Let me give you the rundown.
- It’s also known as the “Copyright Alert Machine” or the “Six Strikes Policy.”
- It was masterminded by a firm of goodie-two-shoes stalkers called Mark Monitor, which monitors the IP traffic of torrent and social media sites to catch “transgressions.” They spot up to thirty million “infringements” a day.
- This congregation of privacy infringing creepers will basically generate a shit list of all the IP addresses that they’ve spied on and found a problem with.
- This list goes out to ISP companies, which will take “diciplinary action” against you. This comes in the form of harassing letters and choked internet speed for up to three days.
- Let me say that again: your internet speed can be severely choked for up to three days per “transgression”
“Twerking Christ in a tarp!” you may or may not say, “How can I stop this madness?”
All you need to do is make a whitehouse.gov account, and you can sign petitions like this one to help affect the future of the United States. It takes maybe, maybe five minutes to sign up. If you like not being charged with a crime because of your gif folder, you need to sign this.
Those of you that are not American, spread this around anyways. Urge your American followers to sign up.
You got someone a chicken, but you can’t stop our rights from being degraded?
You can do better than that, Tumblr.